Saturday, November 21, 2009

NIP Journal

The Northern Institute of Philosophy is thinking of starting up another Analysis-like philosophy journal that specializes in shorter papers. Philosophers can vote in their poll about whether they should do it. I think this is great! Sometimes I've been told that articles I've submitted were too short, and larded them up with not-as-important stuff to make them properly lengthy. That's a bad situation for everybody. Having another short-paper journal would really help.

I hope they make the journal open-access and free like Philosophers' Imprint! From what I've heard, librarians are eager to help out with that sort of thing.


Michael Drake said...

Gettier changed the conversation in epistemology in 3 pages. The hint seems not to have been taken.

Josh May said...

I don't think we should hope that they make it open-access. I say we don't support it unless it is. Another Analysis-style journal would be great, but I think it would be absurd not to make it open-access.

Josh May said...

Oh, and why in the world aren't they doing ethics submissions???? That sure seems like a deal breaker (as Liz Lemon would say).